Reporter, Cape Cod Times, June 2013 to present.
- Covering towns of Falmouth and Mashpee.
- Responsibilities include monitoring town government, schools, crime and trends in my coverage area.
- Write spot news, features and general interest stories.
Owner, SFD Communications, September 2012 to present.
- Full-service storytelling company serving individuals, companies and nonprofits.
- Offerings include grant writing, short- and long-form journalism, corporate communications, editing and proofreading.
- Custom packages available for individual needs.
- Clients include Knowledge@Wharton, Knowledge@Wharton High School and the Boston Business Journal.
Reporter, Rockford Register Star, Rockford, Ill., August 2007 to August 2012.
- Analyze job and employment issues in region with state’s highest unemployment.
- Investigate state pension crisis via in-depth daily and enterprise reporting.
- Write blog entries exploring job trends and data.
- Appear on local NBC affiliate newscasts to promote newspaper stories.
Senior reporter, Chronicle-Tribune, Marion, Ind., April 2007 to August 2007.
- Developed, reported and wrote mid-level and major enterprise stories.
- Wrote business stories, business commentary and breaking news.
Local News Editor, Chronicle-Tribune, Marion, Ind., June 2005 to April 2007.
- Managed staff of six reporters and 10 correspondents.
- Planned and coordinated long-term news coverage.
- Edited daily copy; coached and mentored reporters.
Reporter, Chronicle-Tribune, Marion, Ind., April 2001 to June 2005.
- Covered cases from the crime scene to the courtroom.
- Tracked state and federal court proceedings and trends.